Friday, May 13, 2011

Art Books

I've been a little slow to blog this month, sorry.  It's the busiest painting season here with many exhibitions coming up. I have so many works in progress that I haven't had time to photograph.

What little spare time I have I'm immersed in my collection of art books, looking for solutions to problems, or just inspiration.  I have a HUGE collection and add to it regularly.

My reading room


A few books

One of my latest acquisitions is a book on Emily Mason, an American artist born in 1932. Her work is sooooo colourful it is a feast for the eyes.

The book : Emily Mason - The Fifth Element

It's hard to categorize her work. 'Color Field', 'Lyrical Abstraction', just don't do her justice. She is a great inspiration.  Here are a couple of my favourite works.

Lexicon


Pulled From The Sea


Her work is easy to find via Google. Hope you are as inspired by her paintings as I am.

2 comments: