Monday, February 27, 2012

A Small Art Swap





A Face At The Window - Collage


 Well, I guess it's not really a swap, when you get one in exchange for three, but here goes anyway.


Do you like to receive cool handmade gifts? Do you like to give handmade gifts and bring joy through those gifts? Do you want to join a project and BRING JOY EXPONENTIALLY through handmade gifts?



PAY IT FORWARD 2012

This was started by Erin of Art-Is-Try.
I found out about Erin's project from Andria of Drawing Near and thought it an easy and fun thing to do.
  1. If you would like to participate, please leave a comment on this post. The first three people to commit to the project will receive a handmade gift from me!
  2. Post this project on your own blog—feel free to cut n’ paste. Gather three new participants and be willing / prepared to follow through with the “Pay It Forward” part!!! Please link back to this original post, and I, in turn, will include a link to your post so that we can follow the project from its origin.
  3. E-mail me  with your full name and address, and I will send a small, simple, heartfelt, handmade gift. In turn, you will give small, simple, heartfelt, handmade gifts to your participants. Let the joy grow exponentially!
  4. If you are interested in participating but are not one of the first three to comment on this post, come back after I have listed my three participants here, click on one of their links and sign up under them (or if they are full, click on their links etc etc etc until you find one)!
*NOTE*-any and all handmade gifts are okay! Try to keep them small, and heartfelt. A small painting, poem, collage, etc, but with a touch of your own personal heart and creative side! There is also no time limit , but I would hope they would all be made/given in a timely matter. As long as you make some kind of agreement with your gift-receivers, your deadline should be up to you…

So, to help clarify, here is an example to follow: I commented on Andria's  blog, so Andria will send me a gift. I am posting the project on my blog so I am waiting for 3 comments. When I get them, I will send 3 gifts. Those people will post to their blogs, and send out 3 gifts of their own! I hope that makes sense, but if not, feel free to email me at jo.murray.art@gmail.com  with any questions, or visit Erin at her blog.

I look forward to seeing who will be my three participants.  I just love the idea of so many handmade gems travelling around the world.
I expect I will send Artist Trading Cards to my participants, or perhaps some earrings, or a collage, or even a glass pendant?  If you have a preference, mention it in your comment.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing Jo. Sign me up. I'm always happy to share. I shall email you just to check you don't have 3 takers already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds likje fun, althoug I have to read it once more to get it, yes I'l give it à go anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you still need someone, I will be happy to participate... sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm delighted to have you three on board and will get cracking on personally made treasures for you all. Expect them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting--congrats to everyone for joining the fun! It's so neat to see how far this project has come already, I can't wait to see how far it goes..... Best, Erin Keane of art-is-try (http://art-is-try-artistry.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fun! I'm taking part in a pay it forward rightnow as well, its my second in as many months.I think they are becoming very popular.Its a wonderful way to connect with others.

    ReplyDelete