Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A New Collage

Sorry folks, I'm slow to post these days.  With a large list of things to do, and many distractions...pool building, visitors, celebrations...the blog has been taking last place.  However, time in the studio is still a priority and I've not only been painting up a storm, I've been collaging.


WEATHERING  20 x 30 cm - acrylics, teabags, assorted papers, rusted tin, burnt text.

I'm not entirely sure that I'm happy with this...it's a little busy.

To see the International Collage Exchange exhibition, which is now online, click HERE

This is my third year of joining ICE and I'm honoured to be a part of the annual project.

It's definitely worth a look for everyone interested in collage...or any art.


8 comments:

  1. You seem to have been pretty busy too, I tend to get lost when I try to do collages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, Great piece, love the wrinkled papers and richness of texture.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous college! Saw that Twrrie is on the mix. Enjoy seeng it all. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a great rusty look going on in your collage Jo...
    keep enjoying your busy life :)
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the overall warm colors, the texture, and the contrast between straight, linear elements and more rounded, organic ones. I find my eye tends to linger on the right side of the collage, which makes me think that this piece might also work as a square, cropping in from the left. I like what you did here, and aspire to your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no apologies... if we are artists, we understand.. and if not... then there is no understanding!! LOL! great work, rich texture and oh so rusy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I'm starting to get into collage a bit and taking a class. There's so much more to it than meets the eye :) I'm off to follow your link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually like this collage. I like it because it doesn't seem helter skelter to me, but follows more of a grid pattern. And of course, I love the rust.

    BTW, your studio looks like it is perfect for you, and you have SO many of those wonderful plastic containers, too.

    ReplyDelete